Senior Instrument Technician
Oman Gas Company
Education & Experience Required
Job Title:Senior Instrument Technician,Department:Operations,Job Purpose:Responsible to Perform/oversee operations and maintenance of all Instrument & Control equipment and related systems at Gas Supply Stations, Pressure Limiting Stations, Compressor Stations and any such rotating or static equipment located along the pipeline. Provides mentoring, coaching, and training for Instrument Technicians. Provides support for the Maintenance Supervisor.,Roles and Responsibilities:1. Conduct regular inspections and prepare reports in accordance with GTF Instrumentation inspection cycles and procedures.
2. Establish, implement and supervise Instrument related operations and maintenance activities in all static and rotating equipment's and related systems.
3. Trouble shoot and rectify Instrumentation and Control related faults within reasonable time frame to ensure maximum availability of equipment's and gas availability to consumers.
4. Shall be familiar with operation & maintenance, trouble shooting of DCS/FCS systems, Safeguarding systems, F & G Systems, Odorizing systems, Flow metering systems, Gas turbine control systems, Vibration systems, Compressor control systems and other process control related instrumentations.
5. Shall be skilled in systems soft application usage to obtain necessary data related to operation and maintenance of (DCSs/IPSs / RTUs /Metering systems components such as FCs / UFMs / GCs / Gas Analyzers etc.)
6. Ensure all Instrumentation equipment's are functioning within the designed parameters.
7. Attend emergency situations and abnormal callouts as required within reasonable time frame.
8. Ensure all required critical & normal consumables Instrumentation & Control spare parts are identified, ordered and stocked at stores as well updating SAP system with any consumption occurred.
9. Ensure public safety and gas deliverability by maintaining the functionality and integrity of the terminal facilities and related Instrument equipment.
10. Coordinate and supervise the work of Instrumentation Technicians and any sub-contractors personnel working on the terminal facilities associated with the Instrument & Control facilities.
11. Ensure operations and maintenance activities at the facilities are performed and not deviated from Company Quality System procedures, HSE codes and standards, and recognized industry standards.
12. Control activities of Instrument team to be within established budgets assist with preparation of annual maintenance budget and costing of instrumentation and related operations and maintenance activities.
13. Prepare Permit to Work for Instrument activities for approval and oversee all on-plot work and any sub-contractor activity in accordance with established company and sub-contract procedures.
14. Ensure all necessary forms and documentation are completed prior to, during and subsequent to terminal maintenance activities and update Hard/Soft historical database.
15. Ensure that records, system drawings and operations and maintenance databases are updated and readily available for region reference and use when necessary.
16. Constantly review Instrument & Control equipment for improvements in operability, reliability, safety and integrity and provide written feedback to the Maintenance Supervisor.
17. Communicate closely with the Maintenance Supervisor regarding work planned at a facility prior to any work being executed.
18. Maintain tools and equipment's to be fully operational and in good working order.
19. Review, re-engineering, and Resolve any Instrument operations and maintenance issues with sub-contractors and any projects related to company.
20. Support Maintenance Supervisor and provide leadership, mentoring and training to Instrumentation Technicians and summer school students.
21. Implement and adhere to QHSE programs commensurate with corporate policies and operations and maintenance activities.
22. Provide support for any emergency response.
23. Act as senior contact person for issue resolution and communication relating to instrumentation facilities, equipment and operations
24. Abide all statutory requirements pertaining to HSE.
25. Adhere to all HSE standards and specification of OGC.
26. Implement all Quality and HSE requirements coming under your area of jurisdiction.
27. Track, support and complete section and others approved annual Business Plan / Quality plan / HSE plan /Work Orders frozen planes.
28. Never disclose any of company documentations to other parties unless a writing permission given.
29. Adhere and support implementing any newly company raised practices and businesses.
30. To be initiative to raise any new modifications, ideas to existing QC documentations and O&M system.
Diploma in Mechatronic Engineering or any equivalents qualifications
1. Demonstrable knowledge and proven skills in maintenance of gas turbine, compressors.
2. Familiarity with budgeting, estimating and working with contracts and sub-contractors.
3. Strong ability to mentor, train and build relationships.
4. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
5. PC literate. (Advances spreadsheet / Outlook , CMMS SAP usage skills)
6. Strong, positive attitude towards Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental management , mandatory HSE licensed courses are most)
7. Developed language skills in written and spoken English.
8. Arabic language skills will be an asset
9. Possess a valid Omani driver's license, defensive desert license will be features skills.
10. Work Under pressure (Stress management) skills are most.
11. Work load handling and prioritizing skills are most.
12. Common knowledge and hand one skills in instrumentation and control test equipment's and related specialized systems programmers.
Other Job Details