Control & Automation Technican
Oman Gas Company
Education & Experience Required
Job Title:Control & Automation Technican,Department:Operations,Job Purpose:Provides technical expertise pertaining to Control & Automation Maintenance across NEGL designated sites and all related operations, under Senior Engineer - Electrical, Instrument & Control as Technical Service provider of engineering support to the team, Maintenance Asset Management and Analysers works at designated areas across NGLE sites through: (1) Development of new practices and improve Control Systems, and (2) Develop solutions to facilities to ensure more reliability Study and analyse chronic, control systems tuning problems and propose reliable solutions, and 3) ensure that control systems preventive and corrective maintenance are accurately completed within the section; in order to support maintenance function to meet cost-effective, timely and efficient manner
Technician Control & Automation position will act in accordance with NGLEs' values & strategies, policies, guidelines, technology platform, HSE standards, Omani's government & other legal justification's, and best international practices in consonance with national objectives and Ethics standards,Roles and Responsibilities:Ensures availability, quality and reliability of control systems â€“ comprising Distributed Control System (DCS), Emergency Shut Down (ESD) system and complex PLC-based control loops.
- Monitors and troubleshoots control system network.
- Implement specifications and scope for new control systems/PLCs to be installed based on process requirements and supports execution of related projects.
- Maintain guidelines and procedures for effective configuring of control systems / PLCs.
- Carries out DCS hardware preventive maintenance during planned shutdowns.
- Provide technical support for troubleshooting, configuring and tuning of control systems to ensure they are operating to at optimal levels.
- Identify opportunities and delivers solutions for increasing the uptime of DCS, and PLCs and improving the control systems.
- Provide technical input for evaluation of bids related to control systems.
- Conduct detailed HAZOP Study & Risk Assessment with the stakeholders on improvement and new projects.
- Execute in-house new enhancements and optimization related to the control systems across NGLE.
Minimum Qualifications for this position is a Diploma in Electrical / Electronic or Instrumentation Engineering or similar.
Other Job Details