Asset operation (Fahud)
Gas Network O&M Management (north / South)
*OPEX and/or CAPEX and/or Revenue amount as relevant*
Operates O&M Management Network, under delegated authority and direction from direct line to operate assigned area and carry out regular inspection of the unit equipment to identify any operational anomalies, and correction of anomalies; in order to ensure optimum plant availability and to maximize plant operational efficiency, reliability and safety.
The position will act in accordance with the Group’s Mission, Vision, Values & Strategies, as well as, policies, guidelines and international standards, supported by an IT Technology platform, HSE standards, Omani’s government & other legal justification’s, and best international practices in consonance with national objectives.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Ensure continuity of operational issues and take necessary action.
- Capture all major highlights and constraints experienced.
- Carries out regular, detailed routine inspection rounds of all rotating and static equipment used in operations. to ensure accurate and proper functioning of each item independently and in synchronization with other equipment.
- Carries out operational adjustments of a variety of valves and switches controlling fluid/gas flow rates, levels, pressure, temperature, and chemicals.
- Contributes to troubleshooting process upsets and abnormalities.
- Records field data on a regular basis by reading the gauges and instruments located on plant equipment in the assigned area.
- Logs and shares findings in case of significant deviations from the standard operating conditions.
- Facilitate the shutdown and start-up for turnaround, maintenance and inspection purposes with adherence to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Provides support during emergencies as per the SOPs and instructions from Shift Team Leader and Panel Operator.
- Facilitates in providing a safe working environment for maintenance work in the process area by isolation, depressurization and draining of equipment.
- Ensure staff working in assigned process areas adheres to Permit to Work (PTW) conditions.
- Follow up progress and completion of maintenance work.
- Performs minor maintenance work such as greasing, coupler gasket and O – ring replacement, painting, bolt tightening, lube oil replacement or topping up etc.
- Ensures proper housekeeping and basic equipment care in the assigned areas.
Internal: Field Operators, Shift Team Leader, Panel Operators, Maintenance Coordinator, Process Trainer, Technical Services Department, Sr. / Engineer Operations.
External: Ministries, Civil Defense, ROP and Neighboring Companies
Notable Working Conditions. Field Operations and office environment, Moderate to intensive computer screen use.
Minimum Qualifications for this position is a Diploma in Engineering or similar
Excellent knowledge of written, read, and spoken English (required)
Background and experience
Competencies and skills
- Operator : Relevant experience in similar role (Oil & Gas)
- Sr. Operator: +6 years’ experience in similar role
- Relevant experience in similar role within the Oil and Gas industry.
- Fundamentals of HSE - Comprehensive knowledge of occupational health & safety. Detailed understanding of general industry standards and the requirements of the more frequently referenced standards
- Operational experience,.
- Knowledge of the following applicable codes and standards for emergency response:
- NFPA, API and British Standards
- Emergency Response plans, attachments and relevant documentation.
- Call-out sequences and events.
- Risk Assessments, HAZOPS and Safety Studies
- Good knowledge of reading and interpreting P&ID and PFD, etc.
- Well experienced as a fire fighter in Inspections, investigations, troubleshooting on systems, communications and support.
- Certified as per guidance of the Association of Fire Chiefs:
- Fire Fighter I and II
- Industrial Fire Fighter
- HAZMAT Operations
- Rope Rescue
- Confined Space Rescue
- Fire Inspector
- Fire Instructor
- Fire Officer I
- Fire Officer II
- Telecommunicator I
- Proficiency in MS Office, DCS and SAP
- Able to read, interpret and understand equipment detail drawings, plant layout and isometric drawing
- Technical ability in understanding codes, SOP’s standards and emergency response methods
- Ability to develop and implement emergency response activation with resources available according to Emergency response plan and other policies.
- Good understanding on response disciplines, risk management and loss prevention techniques.
- Acute Observation Skills
- Effective Planning & Organization Skills
- Analytical thinking Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
Abdullah Al Hinai
Majid Al Zadjali
Date: 24th August 2020
(Abdullah Al Hinai
Majid Al Zadjali)
| || || || || || |