Education & Experience Required
• Work closely with operations, engineering, well engineering, well services and other Service Providers and Contractors to optimize production from existing assets (reservoir, wells and surface facilities)
• Provide support/steer on water flood monitoring and analysis. Promote appropriate surveillance techniques.
• Evaluate Higher Water Cut Wells; coordinate with support team, geologists and RE’s to evaluate best technique and/or technology for water control/ water shut off.
• Support drilling new wells for assigned asset in block 5. Provide PT input into New Well picking and proposals. Coordinate the well completion and open-up. Follow up with engineering on the status of flow lines hook-ups for new wells.
• Manage all Well Clean outs, stimulation and N2 lifting jobs in the asset.
• Select and screen wells for workover activities including preparing work over programs to enhance production potential.
• Artificial lifts selection (mainly ESP and Rod Pump) and work on the design. Manage artificial Lifting activities with Field PT, in particular on Optimization, equipment uptime, troubleshooting and improving/enhancing equipment performance and run lives.
• Support if required PT studies and new technology implementation.
• Prepare and coordinate well optimization workshops for assigned area. Prepare/update well history, provide good PT analysis and come up with suggested actions to optimize production or injection. Follow up all action points.
• Responsible for integrated hydrocarbon production systems, production data analysis including Production Logging, Corrosion Monitoring, Integrity Repairs, etc..
• Work on Integrated Production Modeling system (IPM), initiate and update well models into Nodal analysis program (PROSPER). Use the well models for well optimization and well testing validations.
• Follow all safety, fire health and environmental policies of the Company at all times.
• Undertakes the training of Omani nationals as directed by Management.
• Provide input into management and shareholders requirements and presentation and undertakes similar or related duties as requested by the Management of the Company.
• Coach and mentor less experienced staff in line with their staff development plans.
• Monitor HSE performance for contractors and attend HSE audits when required.
• Understand the hazards associated with the task involved and implement controls in consultation with supervisors
• Ensure that company HSE Policies and Procedures are followed
• Ensure that safety is maintained in work places
• Participate in all HSE Programs as and when called for
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
• Bachelor in Mechanical or Petroleum Engineering or a similar Engineering discipline is required
Minimum Work experience:
• 5 years’ experience as Production Technologist with relevant experience
• Preferably having a good experience on water flooding, well optimization, using software to design ESP and Rod pumping systems, acid stimulation, water shut off, surveillance (production logging) , well integrity and Integrated production modeling (IPM)
• Good Interpersonal Skills and good communication skills in English
• Flexible and pro-active attitude, a good team player with the drive to make things happen.
• PC literate & sound HSE attitude
Other Job Details