Senior Production Technologist
Education & Experience Required
• Work closely with operations, engineering, well engineering, well services and other Service Providers and Contractors to optimize production from existing assets (reservoir, wells and surface facilities)
• Provide support/steer on water flood monitoring and analysis. Promote appropriate surveillance techniques.
• Evaluate Higher Water Cut Wells; coordinate with support team, geologists and RE’s to evaluate best technique and/or technology for water control/ water shut off.
• Support drilling new wells for assigned asset in block 5. Provide PT input into New Well picking and proposals. Coordinate the well completion and open-up. Follow up with engineering on the status of flow lines hook-ups for new wells.
• Manage all Well Clean outs, stimulation and N2 lifting jobs in the asset.
• Select and screen wells for work over activities including preparing work over proposals to enhance production potential.
• Artificial lifts selection (mainly ESP and Rod Pump) and work on the design. Manage artificial Lifting activities with Field PT, in particular on Optimization, equipment uptime, troubleshooting and improving/enhancing equipment performance and run lives.
• Support if required PT studies and new technology implementation.
• Prepare and coordinate well optimization workshops for assigned area. Prepare/update well history, provide good PT analysis and come up with suggested actions to optimize production or injection. Follow up all action points.
• Responsible for integrated hydrocarbon production systems, production data analysis including Production Logging, Corrosion Monitoring, Integrity Repairs, etc..
• Work on Integrated Production Modeling system (IPM), initiate and update well models into Nodal analysis program (PROSPER). Use the well models for well optimization and well testing validations.
• Follow all safety, fire health and environmental policies of the Company at all times.
• Undertakes the training of Omani nationals as directed by Management.
• Provide input into management and shareholders requirements and presentation and undertakes similar or related duties as requested by the Management of the Company.
• Coach and mentor less experienced staff in line with their staff development plans.
• Ensure that company HSE Policies and Procedures are followed
• Ensure that safety is maintained in work places
• Participate in all HSE Programs as and when called for
• Engineering Degree with at least 7 years’ experienceasProduction Technologist with relevant experience
• Having very good experience on artificial lifting (mainlyESPand Beam Pumps) and Integrated production modeling (IPM)includingPROSPER and GAP.
• Preferably having a good experience as well on:wellcompletion, water flooding, well optimization, acid stimulation,watershut off, surveillance, well integrity and frac operations.
• Good Interpersonal Skills and good communication skills in English
• Flexible and pro-active attitude, a good team player withthedrive to make things happen.
• PC literate & sound HSE attitude
Other Job Details