Sr. Engineer Mechanical Rotating – Gas Facility Support
Gas Network – Asset Support – Gas Facility Support
*OPEX and/or CAPEX and/or Revenue amount as relevant*
TL Team Lead, Gas Facilities Support
Provides strong engineering support & service to Gas Network – Facility Support for the rotary machinery / equipment, gas turbine (maintenance & Troubleshooting) upkeep of in the assigned area under N-4 TL Gas Facilities Support by providing maintenance and technical support to the Gas Network on day-to-day basis through: (1) Leading the design of Mechanical rotating services utilizing best practice. (2) Coordination and supervision of rotating assets and related rotary maintenance work in the designated area, (3) Lead implementation and coordination maintenance rotating works with designated staff (if any) and/or external contractors in performing Mechanical rotating services; in order to ensure Gas Facilities equipment availability, reliability & optimization of cost / resources while facilitating smooth operations of the Gas Facilities to meet operational targets.
The position will act in accordance with the Group’s Mission, Vision, Values & Strategies, as well as, policies, guidelines and international standards, supported by an IT Technology platform, HSE standards, Omani’s government & other legal justification’s, and best international practices in consonance with national objectives.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible and accountable for providing strong engineering support to Gas Network for the rotary machinery, gas turbine (maintenance & Troubleshooting) upkeep of in the area assigned to ensure the highest level of reliability and availability.
- Allocates work orders and facilitates the planning of the section’s activities.
- Coordinate the activities to perform all Eng. Rotating tasks required for good operation of equipment.
- Ensures the quality of repairs complies with standards and manufacturer’s procedures.
- Coordinate / execute Gas Turbine Maintenance and troubleshooting assigned tasks / services at Gas Network
- Ensure rotating equipment maintenance history & reports are updated in SAP (CMMS)
- Ensure all the special tools and materials and skilled manpower available for the planned and corrective repairs on a daily basis.
- Attends daily meetings & communicates with Operation, TSD, Planning, HSE, and other departments for coordination of complex maintenance activities.
- Ensure approved planned maintenance sequential of activities & work prioritization and availability of required resources (spare parts, tools, drawings & manpower) are carried out accordingly as per scheduled.
- Develop & implement solutions to maintenance process & activities ensuring the risk of failures are fully detected, understood, and mitigated.
- Identify the critical issues, repetitive failure of rotating equipment, and work to perform the (RCA) and ensure the RCA Recommendations are implemented for the area & able to make plans and execution of work backlogs.
- Initiates pro-active maintenance tasks for maximizing equipment performance
- Assists in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) in coordination with inspection, for repeated failures or rework – and files a failure report.
- Follows up on material requisitions with respective functions for Rotating equipment maintenance
- Conducts troubleshooting activities on Rotating equipment
- Drives and Reviews all SAP notifications (Work Orders) raised by end-users and ensures they are clear and justified.
- Ensures all activities are accomplished in a cost-effective manner
- Determines the priorities for maintenance work and ensures effective and efficient maintenance is completed before it becomes a high priority.
- Ensures that daily inventories of critical rotating equipment spare parts to ensure their availability.
- Verifies and ensures on daily basis, the resource needs according to the inspection / maintenance plans.
- Escalates major issues and critical activities related to Rotating equipment for assigned area
- Executes critical/ priority issues on rotating equipment
Standards, Procedures & Reports:
- Contribute with the development of SMP (Standard Maintenance procedures) for all the Rotary equipment in the area in consideration of Vendor Manuals, International best maintenance practices, Codes and standard, and guidelines issued by TSD.
- Review and update maintenance progress reports & contractor’s performance and takes appropriate action
- Prepares procurement plan
- Prepares reports and feedback on equipment performance in order to monitor the optimum capabilities of the facility.
- Ensures compliance to all relevant HSE procedures in the section.
- Act as focal point for coordination of all activities and operations that are carried out at the facility related with Rotating equipment, and the policies / SOPs applicable as well as the features of all the rotating equipment
- Conduct toolbox meetings to establish the scope of work, HSE requirement & permit to work (E-PTW)
- Adheres to communication protocols and is available at all times during the shift by the portable communicators.
- Ensures the maintenance and inspection plans on Rotating equipment are updated and aligned with the maintenance and inspection bests practices.
- Identify within the support and co-responsibility for the required resources on feasibility (time and budgeted) of corrections plans
Contracts and Contractors:
- Provide inputs for the development of maintenance contracts & their administration, technical evaluation on RFQ, control, and availability of resources.
- Technical evaluation of new tenders as required and participation in kick-off meetings on planned maintenance (CM, PM & TA) and ensure all planned maintenance activities (CM, PM, and TA) work orders are communicated with supervisors (Company/ contract) and are executed as per plan.
- Coordinates with contractors, the requirements to ensure the necessary resources on time and as budgeted.
- Coordinate the procurement processes via SAP (coordinating with PCI, TSD, and Maintenance), for all the equipment, spare parts, and
- Monitors work execution and provide guidance to maintenance contractors
Internal: Project Delivery
External: Contractors, Vendors & Suppliers
Notable Working Conditions. Field Operations and office environment, Moderate to intensive computer screen use.
The minimum qualification for this position is a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
Excellent knowledge of written, read, and spoken English (required) Arabic - Native (desirable)
Background and experience
Competencies and skills
- Minimum 7 years of experience in relevant position
- Expertise in Rotary Equipment maintenance: Steam and Gas Turbine, Air and Gas Compressors, Reciprocating Compressors, Centrifugal, and reciprocating Pumps.
- Broad understanding of relevant processes, plants, and equipment regarding Rotary equipment.
- Knowledge in operating and maintaining the reliability of all Rotary equipment.
- Experience in condition monitoring systems on Rotary equipment.
- Experience in in the design and troubleshooting of rotating equipment.
- Experience and knowledge in project planning, cost control, contract development, installation, troubleshooting, and start-up.
- Sound judgment in technical matters with good skills in engineering field materials specifications and international standards.
- Good experience in handling Maintenance Contracts and shutdown-related jobs.
- Knowledge of :
- Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
- Expertise in SAP- PM
- Process Equipment Life-Cycle Management
- Good knowledge in Quality Assurance, Quality Control, and HSE plans.
- Familiar with techniques for ensuring data integrity with various integration of information/ reports
- Knowledgeable in HSE plans related to maintenance activities.
- Understanding of Process (P&IDs / PFDs) & Engineering drawings and OEM manuals
- Knowledge of industrial standards such as ASME, API and ASTM.
- Strong management & leadership skills & should be able to work collaboratively with all involved.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and multi-cultural sensitivity.
- Computer literate with expertise in MS Office.
- Experienced in resource control, contract management and general management.
- Adaptable and motivated general management strategist who relishes challenges.