Postgraduate Scholarship 2021
Jan 26, 2021
Petroleum Development Oman
المؤهل ، والخبرات المطلوبة
What does this opportunity offer?
Full sponsorship by PDO to obtain MSc from certified universities determined by PDO.
Secured job opportunities in one of the function subject to successful completion of MSc program.
A clear development program for the selected candidates.
1. Omani national only.
2. The applicants must hold a Bachelor's degree. A candidate who already holds any type of Master's degree at the time of their application will be disqualified.
3. UKVI IELTS certificate valid until December 2021 with overall band 6.5 with no component less than a 6 Note: (any graduate from the following countries: UK, Ireland, US, Australia, Canada, and New Zealand are not required to provide the UKVI IELTS certificate for shortlisting ). However, they might be required to obtain one after been selected with the same above mention scoring for some discipline. Those who fail to obtain it if required will be disqualified.
4. The candidate should have less than three years of overall work experience at the application date.
5. Eligibility of the candidates will depend on the subjects undertaken in their BSc (i.e. subjects must be relevant to the specialized disciplines- PDO reserves the right to determine the relevance of the applicant BSc).
6. Bachelor degree holders with a minimum cumulative CGPA of 3.00 and above (NO rounded up) or equivalent from a university accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education, where short listing priority will be given to those of higher CGPA in one of the following majors:
Majors required by Petroleum Engineering function:
Majors required by Engineering function:
Chemical and process Engineering
Materials science & engineering.
*Majors required by Exploration function:
Surveying & Mapping
*The below requirements are applicable only for the scholarship opportunity in Exploration
Geology: The successful applicants are expected to become one of the specialists in the Sedimentology team, the Geochemistry team or the Stratigraphy team (Paleontology/Micropalaeontologist).
Sedimentology is the study of sedimentary rocks and the processes that result in their formation. Sedimentary rock holds oil, gas and water in the subsurface. In PDO, sedimentologists are concerned with investigating sedimentary rocks distribution, identifying depositional environment, characterization of the reservoir quality from different aspects including mineralogy, diagenesis, porosity, and permeability. They support different teams in PDO for the sake of oil exploration and production by conducting and integrating subsurface studies, like core descriptions, with outcrop studies to better understand and predict the hydrocarbon-bearing reservoir. The successful candidate will join a team of specialists in the sedimentology team
Petroleum Geochemistry is the application of chemical principles to the study of the origin, migration, accumulation and alteration of petroleum and the use of knowledge in exploring for and recovering petroleum. The main job scope is to provide services and consultancy and carry out specialist studies in geochemistry for oil and gas Exploration and Production assets in close cooperation with other geological services and specialist teams and production chemistry department. The successful applicant is expected to become one of the specialist as â€œGeochemistâ€ in Geological services Team.
Basin Modelling works closely together with Geochemistry, structural geology (trap risking) and stratigraphy in a wide-ranging of geological challenges, from little understood Palaeozoic hydrocarbons systems to present day biodegradation problems, provide a supportive setting for staff development. The main job scope is to plan, supervise and coordinate the Basin Modelling activities in close cooperation with Geochemistry to quantify charge risks for exploration teams
Paleontology/Micropalaeontology is the study of microscopic fossils. Accurate identification of microfossils such as foraminifera, ostracods, radiolaria and charophytes from rock samples are essential to PDO geologists as they help to date and correlate subsurface rock strata. PDO's subsurface stratigraphy group of specialists operates across the PDO organisation providing services and consultancy to Exploration and Production teams.
تفاصيل الوظيفة الاخرى
1. Updated resume (CV).
2. Final full approved (stamped) Bachelor's academic transcript.
3. local private university/colleges qualifications must be attested by Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE), while overseas qualifications require an equivalency letter from (MoHE).
4. Bachelor Degree certificate / Ifadha
5. Valid Omani National ID both sides.
6. Manpower registration card/letter. (Manpower CV)
7. Experience letter (if applicable).
8. UKVI IELTS certificate valid until December 2021 with overall band 6.5 with no component less than a 6. Note: (any graduate from the following countries: UK, Ireland, US , Australia, Canada, and New Zealand are Not required to provide the UKVI IELTS Certificate during shortlisting), but they might be required to obtain one after been selected with the same above mention scoring for some discipline. Those who fail to obtain it if required will be disqualified.
Please include all the above mentioned attachments with your application. Applications without the required attachments will not be considered for this opportunity.
â€œPDO reserves the right to respond or contact only those who meet the criteria and confirmed to attend an interview. If you do not receive a response within a month from Advertisement closing date, consider your application has been unsuccessful.