Head of Operations
CC Energy Development
Education & Experience Required
• Manage the HSE and welfare of all Operations & Maintenance personnel (CCED + contractors) setting a benchmark objective as consistently the safest oil & gas producer in Oman.
• Ensure CCED’s operational activities remain compliant
• Regular visible Safety Leadership in the field
• Ensure delivery the Personal & Process Safety Programs & Compliance to all regulatory requirements.
• Lead in the utilization of CCED’s HSE Management System
• Operational focal Emergency Response & Crisis Management
• Implementation and oversight of CCED’s Asset Integrity Management System, ensuring the systems and processes are embedded into the organization.
• Management of both the Senior Asset Integrity Engineer and the AI Improvement team ensuring agreed KPI’s and targets are delivered as per plan.
• Management and oversight of the chemical management teams ensuring KPI’s are delivered as per plan
• Own the Annual operating Plan (HSE, production, deferment, cost, improvement
• Ensure deferment is minimized by maximizing opportunities
• Developing, implementing, maintaining, and improving the agreed operational strategies for CCED
• Responsible for the development and maintaining an Operations Management System (OMS)
• Own and drive improvements in CCED’s Lifting cost
• Prepare the annual Operations budget and forecasts and all Capital Expenditure proposals as well as ensuring compliance with legal standards
• Manage the budget from identification to completion of projects
• Manage and oversee the transfer of budget ownership through the field front line leaders
• Embrace continuous improvement as the sustainable backbone of CCED’s cost improvement agenda
Contractor Performance Management
• Set and drive contract strategies for operations and maintenance agenda
• Responsible for ensuring all contract holders under Operations performance manage their contractors monthly within the field. Holding performance reviews with stakeholders. (Frequency linked to contractor tier)
• Setting up and maintaining clear lines of communication with all operations functions involved, also by active participation in the morning calls and regular visits to the field for this purpose
• Develop, implement and management of all Operational Planning requirements in IAP and ensure KPIs are met by working to the overall plan, including management of, and reporting
• Develop and oversea effective training program for on-the-job training of operations staff.
• Actively monitoring, reporting monthly, and as required, the status and quality of the operations activities (to be) executed in the field and the reporting with the aim to ensure continuous improvement regarding the effectiveness of operations
• Recommend equipment changes or modifications that could improve field or plant operations or reduce costs.
• Set Team objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports
• Core member of the COO Directorate Leadership team
• Lead in a manner that encourages open, and mutually respective /communications &engagements
• Maximise the advantage of performance transparency
• Role model behaviours, especially safety leadership
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Maintenance Management, Operation Management, Business Management or equivalent.
• Minimum of 20 years of experience in Oil and Gas Industry
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in Senior Operations Management position, covering operations, maintenance, process safety, asset integrity, commissioning and start-up
• Demonstrable experience in driving a strategic performance improvement agenda
• Expertise in problem solving, management of change, team building, planning and decision making
• Solid foundation and knowledge of oil field economics
• Demonstrable competence and understanding of Risk Management principals and Risk Management processes
• Strong leadership, coaching, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Strong organizational, and prioritization skills.
• Strong interpersonal skill and ability to work with a multi-disciplined/multi culture team and possess clear oral and written communication skills
• Ability to manage a variety of cross-functional team members
• Excellent organizational and follow-up skills
• Fluency in the English Language
• Must be computer literate and familiar with Microsoft applications such as word, excel, and PowerPoint
Other Job Details