Khazzan Senior Petrophysics
Education & Experience Required
· Promote a strong safety culture in line with BP Global and BP Oman’s stated safety objectives.
· Provide leadership for operations HSSE, pre-planning, coordination and supervision of Wireline and LWD operations.
· Lead all petrophysics related activity in the Khazzan Area.
· Inform business decisions, describe reservoir uncertainties and risk.
· Maintain and develop the petrophysical model, iterating with updated production data and subsurface understanding.
· Support geological model building activity in the region and with the Global Modelling Team.
· Collaborate with GWO teams to integrate well log analyses with stimulation design to optimise completions and well performance.
· Support well planning and data acquisition activity for new wells in the Khazzan Area.
· Ensure the data acquisition and surveillance plans are right-scoped and executed safely and efficiently.
· Recommend, plan and support the execution of surveillance on producing wells. Integrate the data to enhance subsurface description.
· Maintain data management processes in conjunction with the SIM team.
· Interface with the Developments Lead to provide relevant and timely information for the Sultanate of Oman and other stakeholders as needed.
· Build and maintain good working relationships within the various Reservoir Development Teams, other Functions (GOO, GWO, GPO) and other stakeholders.
· Share learning across BP through participation in Communities of Practice.
· Create a culture of continuous improvement by encouraging innovation and seeking opportunities to reduce complexity and improve efficiency
Work with and coach both senior and junior staff in a diverse, multi-cultural, and multidiscipline environment
B.Sc. (Bachelor) or M.Sc. (Master) in Geoscience or related applied sciences
Only open for Omani nationals
Minimum 10 years experience
Strong commitment to Health, Safety and Environment.
Depth of knowledge in reservoir description concepts and techniques, petrophysical model construction and upscaling into reservoir models.
A sound experience in the business application of field studies, together with a broad petrophysical background.
Experience in data acquisition planning, execution and proficiency in core, petrography and well data integration.
Ability to quickly adapt and obtain new skills that may be required for the projects.
Strong coaching skills for junior staff, and commitment to the development of others.
Ability to research and introduce new techniques and technologies, working with the relevant functional support teams to ensure adequate characterisation and qualification.
Communication skills to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural environment and integrate interpretations with geoscientists, engineers and managers.
The ability to plan and manage several projects running concurrently with minimal supervision.
Strong industry track record with 10 to 15 years’ experience in multiple Reservoir Development roles.Good data management skills
Other Job Details
“ You will need to log-in to your BP careers account to track your application status in real time”.