Oman Gas Company
Education & Experience Required
Job Title:Operations Supervisor,Department:Operations,Job Purpose:Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of Gas Supply Stations (GSS), Pressure Limiting Stations (PLS), Compressor Stations and Pipelines. Provides mentoring, coaching, support and training for subordinates. Supports the Regional Manager in his duties.,Roles and Responsibilities:1. Establish, implement and supervise all maintenance activities at GSSs, PLSs, Compressor Stations, BVSs and Pipelines.
2. Direct and supervise electrical, mechanical, instrument and civil preventive and breakdown maintenance activities in all GTF facilities within the area of responsibility.
3. Ensure that all GTF related static and rotating equipment are maintained as per vendor recommendations and that the integrity of facilities is not compromised.
4. Support and supervise sub-contractor activities related to civil, mechanical, instrumentation and electrical work.
5. Conduct regular inspections of all GTF facilities including but not limited to GSS, PLS, BVS, Pipelines and Compressor stations and prepare reports in accordance with established inspection cycles and procedures.
6. Lead in motivating and guiding of subordinates in troubleshooting, minor and major maintenance activities in GTF facilities.
7. Ensure public safety and gas deliverability by maintaining the functionality and integrity of the facilities.
8. Coordinate and supervise the work of assigned team members and any sub-contractor personnel working at the facilities.
9. Liaise with condition monitoring teams and Solar representatives for planning and carrying out routine and non-routine activities on Solar turbines and compressors.
10. Mentor and support subordinates while providing support to the Regional Manager.
11. Ensure operational activities at the facilities are performed in accordance with established company quality procedures, HSE codes and standards and recognized industry standards.
12. Control activities of assigned work teams to be within established budgets.
13. Prepare maintenance budgets and review contractor costing for all maintenance related work.
14. Assume the role of the Responsible Supervisor for PTW systems of all maintenance activities carried out by the regional maintenance team. Ensure that PTW system is followed and all safety regulations are adhered to.
15. Ensure all necessary forms and documentation are completed and approved as required, prior to, during and following all maintenance activities.
16. Ensure that records systems, engineering drawings and operations and maintenance databases are kept updated.
17. Constantly review terminals, stations and pipelines for improvements in operability, reliability, safety and integrity and provide written feedback to the Regional Manager.
18. Regularly communicate with the Regional Manager regarding planned and unplanned work at terminals and stations.
19. Ensure all necessary tools and test equipment are available and operational.
20. Resolve any terminal, stations and pipeline maintenance issues with sub-contractors.
21. Implement and adhere to QHSE programs associated with company quality system policies and ensure that all staff working at the facilities adhere to these standards.
22. Provide support for emergency response and ensure all staff is fully trained and competent in emergency response procedures and have the necessary personal protective equipment for their specific emergency duties.
23. Act as a senior contact person for issue resolution and communication related to maintenance matters.
24. Assist in commission of new facilities as required in accordance with established standards and procedures.
25. Monitor and track work times, work activity schedules, performance and time off for all assigned team members.
26. Provide immediate reporting to the Regional Manager regarding any HSE incident, accident, and non-conformances involving company staff, sub-contractor staff and/or any company facilities and equipment
27. Adherence to all statutory requirements pertaining to HSE, and the HSE standards and specifications of OGC.
28. Implementation of all quality and HSE requirements under your area of jurisdiction.
1. Thorough knowledge and proven skills in gas pipelines, gas turbines, compressors and related facility operations.
2. Familiarity with budgeting, estimating and working with contracts and sub-contractors.
3. Strong ability to mentor, train and build relationships.
4. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
5. Proven ability to use computer programs and applications.
6. Strong, positive attitude towards quality, health, safety and environmental management.
7. Highly developed language skills in written and spoken English and Arabic.
8. Possess a valid Omani driver's license.
Other Job Details