Oman Gas Company
Education & Experience Required
Job Title:Instrument Technician,Department:Operations,Job Purpose:Perform/Oversee Operations And Maintenance Of All Instrument & Control Equipment And Related Systems At Gas Supply Stations, Pressure Limiting Stations, Fiscal metering station, Analyzer house, Compressor Stations And Any Such Rotating Or Static Equipment Located Along The Pipeline. Provides Support For The Maintenance Supervisor And Sr. Instrument Technician.,Roles and Responsibilities:1. Conduct regular inspections and prepare reports in accordance with GTF Instrumentation inspection cycles and procedures.
2. Carryout Instrumentation related operations and maintenance activities in all static and rotating equipment's
3. Perform Instrumentation related operations and maintenance activities as directed by the Senior Instrument Technician and/ or Maintenance Supervisor.
4. Trouble shoot and rectify Instrumentation and Control related faults within reasonable time frame to ensure maximum availability of equipment's
5. Shall be familiar with operation & maintenance, trouble shooting of DCS/FCS systems, Safeguarding systems, F & G Systems, Odorizing systems, Flow metering systems, Gas turbine control systems, Compressor control systems and other process control related instrumentations.
6. Ensure all Instrumentation equipment's are functioning within the designed parameters.
7. Attend callouts as required.
8. Help ensure public safety and gas deliverability by maintaining the functionality and integrity of facilities and related Instrument equipment.
9. Assist with the overseeing of any sub-contractors personnel working on the terminal facilities associated with the Instrument and control equipment.
10. Ensure operations and maintenance activities at the facilities are performed in accordance with established Company Quality Systems procedures, HS&E codes and standards, and recognize industry standards.
11. Maintain tools and equipment in fully working order.
12. Prepare Permit to Work for Senior Instrument Technician approval and perform operations and maintenance activities in accordance with established company Quality Systems and manufacturers' practices and procedures.
13. Complete all necessary documents, forms, checklists and documentation as required prior to, during and subsequent to operations and maintenance activities.
14. Assist with the updating of records, system drawings and operations and maintenance databases.
15. Communicate closely with the Senior Instrument Technician regarding work planned at a facility prior to accessing the facility and any work being executed.
16. Support the Senior Instrument Technician and Maintenance Supervisor in their duties.
17. Implement and adhere to Quality & HSE programs in accordance with Company policies and terminal maintenance activities.
18. Provide support for any emergency response.
19. Abide all statutory requirements pertaining to HSE.
20. Adhere to all HSE standards and specification of OGC.
21. Implement all Quality and HSE requirements coming under your area of jurisdiction.
1. Work well in a team environment.
2. Good interpersonal and communication skills.
3. Strong, positive attitude towards Health, Safety and Environment policies and programs.
4. Developed language skills in written and spoken English.
5. PC literate.
6. Arabic language skills will be an asset.
7. Possess a valid Omani driver's license.
Other Job Details