Oman Gas Company
Education & Experience Required
Job Title:Operator,Department:Operations,Job Purpose:Perform all operational activities at Gas Supply Stations (GSS), Pressure Limiting Stations (PLS), Compressor Stations and Pipelines. Supports the Operations Supervisor and Senior Operators in their duties,Roles and Responsibilities:1. Perform all operational activities at GSSs, PLSs, Compressor Stations, BVSs and Pipelines.
2. Operate oil and gas facilities in a safe and efficient manner to ensure 100% availability.
3. Perform day-to-day operational activities in Gas Supply Stations and Compressor Stations, ensuring all mandatory checks are performed, consumables are adequately stocked and liquids topped up.
4. Perform startup and shutdown of GTF Facilities, Gas Turbines and load sharing between compressor trains.
5. Carry out all mandatory daily, weekly, monthly and yearly checks at facilities, maintaining relevant records.
6. Ensure that all GTF related statics and rotating equipment are operated and maintained as per vendor recommendations.
7. Supervise sub-contractor activities and attend callouts as required.
8. Conduct regular inspections of all GSS, PLS, BVS and Compressor Stations, preparing reports in accordance with established inspection cycles and procedures.
9. Carry out any isolation, de-isolation, venting, purging, commissioning and mothballing of pipelines and other GTF facilities as required.
10. Ensure public safety and gas deliverability by maintaining the functionality and integrity of field facilities.
11. Ensure operational activities at facilities are performed in accordance with established company quality procedures, HSE codes and standards, as well as recognized industry standards.
12. Act as an area authority for PTW systems at the assigned location.
13. Ensure that all necessary forms and documentation are completed and approved as required prior to, during, and following all operation activities.
14. Assist in ensuring records, engineering drawings and operations databases are kept updated.
15. Constantly review terminals, stations and pipelines for improvements in operability, reliability, safety and integrity and provide written feedback to the Operations Supervisor.
16. Regularly communicate with the Senior Operator and the Operations Supervisor regarding planned and unplanned work at terminals and stations.
17. Implement and adhere to QHSE programs associated with the company quality system, ensuring that all staff are adhering to these standards.
18. Provide support in situations requiring emergency response.
19. Ensure all staff are using the necessary personal protective equipment for their specific jobs.
20. Assist in the commissioning of new facilities as required from time to time in accordance with established standards and procedures.
21. Provide immediate reporting to the Operation Supervisor regarding any HSE incident, accident and non-conformances involving company staff, sub-contractor staff and/or any company facilities or equipment.
22. Adherence to all statutory requirements pertaining to HSE, and the HSE standards and specifications of OGC.
23. Implementation of all quality and HSE requirements under your area of jurisdiction.
Diploma in Oil & Gas Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or other related field of study.
1. Proven hands on experience in gas pipelines, gas terminals, gas turbines, compressors and other related operational facilities.
2. Works well in a team environment.
3. Proven interpersonal and communication skills.
4. Strong, positive attitude towards HSE policies and programs.
5. Developed language skills in written and spoken English and Arabic.
6. Demonstrate basic computer skills.
7. Possess a valid Omani driver's license.
Other Job Details