Oman Gas Company
Education & Experience Required
Job Title:Mechanical Technician,Department:Operations,Job Purpose:Performs mechanical maintenance of all Static and Rotating equipment's at Gas Supply Stations, Pressure Limiting Stations, Compressor Stations and Block valve stations inclusive of different pipelines with in the area of responsibility. Ensures maintenance on pipelines and other facilities aperformed in accordance with established Company procedures and recognized industry standards. Provides support for the Maintenance Supervisor and Sr. Mechanical Technicians,Roles and Responsibilities:1. Performs all pipeline maintenance activities involving block valve and emergency shutdown valve facilities,
launcher and receiver facilities, cathodes protection facilities, pipeline pig run operations, inspection operations
and any pipeline purging and testing operations and ensure operation within design parameters.
2. Performs all mechanical maintenance activities on Gas turbines, compressors, vessels, filters, heaters, motors and
other related static and rotating equipment's in GTF facilities.
3. Assists in ensuring operation of all mechanical equipment's are within design parameters and maintenance carried
out as per vendor recommendation.
4. Trouble shoots and rectifies Mechanical related faults within reasonable time frame to ensure maximum
availability of equipment's.
5. Assists in ensuring all required critical Mechanical spare parts are identified, ordered and stocked at stores.
6. Shall be familiar with pipeline repair methods and procedures.
7. Shall have practical experience in gas turbines, compressor maintenance. Carries out routine run hour based
maintenance and overhauls.
8. Assists in supervising the work of sub-contractors personnel working on GTF facilities.
9. Conducts regular inspections on pipelines and other GTF facilities and prepare reports in accordance with
10. Ensures public safety by maintaining the functionality and integrity of the pipeline and other GTF facilities.
11. Ensures operations and maintenance activities at the facilities are performed in accordance with established
Company Quality Systems procedures, HS&E codes and standards, and recognize industry standards.
12. Prepares Permit to Work for Senior Mechanical Technician approval and perform operations and maintenance
activities in accordance with established company Quality Systems and manufacturers' practices and procedures.
13. Completes all necessary forms and documentation are completed prior to, during and subsequent to maintenance
14. Assists with updating of maintenance records, system drawings and maintenance.
15. Supports Maintenance Supervisor and Sr. Mechanical Technician.
16. Implement and adhere to Company Quality and HSE programs, policies and practices related to mechanical
17. Maintain tools and test equipment to be fully operational and in good working order.
18. Adherence to all statutory requirements pertaining to HSE, and the HSE standards and specifications of OGC.
19. Implementation of all quality and HSE requirements under your area of jurisdiction.
Diploma in Mechanical Engineer or other related field of study.
Work well in a team environment.
2. Good interpersonal and communication skills.
3. Strong, positive attitude towards Health, Safety and Environment policies and programs.
4. Developed language skills in written and spoken English.
5. PC literate.
Other Job Details