Planning and Economics Team Lead
CC Energy Development
Education & Experience Required
• Build, update and maintain key financial models, with functionality to run probability cases, development stages, sensitivities, scenarios, options, monthly cash flow analysis, etc.
• Support Management’s decision-making by managing a team that will be evaluating investment opportunities (e.g. exploration activities, field development, well selection, processing facilities, special projects, farm-in, divestments, etc) and deal with ad-hoc requests from Management.
• Support the Annual Business Plan and Budgeting processes by presenting the economic premises and alternative scenarios, consolidating business area’s budgets, and developing economic forecasts.
• Prepare economic assumption updates and distribute to user department.
• Work with internal departments and external teams (consultants, auditors, banks, etc) to support the year-end Reserves Process. Insure all the assumed inputs and delivered results are aligned with head office directions.
• Build strong and positive relationships with budget holders and senior leadership teams.
• Prepare deliverables to the Stakeholder on a timely basis, for approval of Management’s decision.
• Work with other teams in Finance and departments, to ensure that information in deliverables submitted to Stakeholders is consistent across the business.
• Lead and develop an impactful team of financial analysis working closely across the business.
• Have regular coordination with end users on the new AFEs
• The candidate will be reporting to Budgeting & Planning Manager and expected to be the successor for this post.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics or Finance.
• MBA, Msc, ACCA, CFA, CA / CPA or similar professional qualification preferred, between 7 to 10 years post qualification experience.
• Solid understanding and experience of dealing with Year-end Reserves process is required for this position. Previous experience of working as technical person in subsurface team is preferred.
Skills & Competencies Required/Know How:
• Experience preparing financial models, preferable in the energy sector, and in a profit-sharing contract environment.
• Strong Knowledge in Excel, PowerPoints and Word.
• Experience preparing investment evaluations, analyzing scenarios and assessing options.
• Proactive attitude, problem solving mentality, attention to details, highly analytical, with excellent communication skills.
• Plan and prioritize tasks, manage competing deadlines and balance workload.
• Excellent skills of managing a team, planning the work and setting priorities.
Other Job Details