Senior Mechanical Technician
OGCOGC-E-2019 - 038
Oman Gas Company
Education & Experience Required
Job Title:Senior Mechanical Technician,Department:Operations,Job Purpose:Perform and oversee mechanical maintenance of all static and rotating equipment at Gas Supply Stations, Pressure Limiting Stations, Compressor Stations and Block Valve Stations inclusive of different pipelines within the area of responsibility. Ensure maintenance on pipelines and other facilities are performed in accordance with established company procedures and recognized industry standards. Provide mentoring, coaching and training for Mechanical Technicians, as well as support to the Maintenance Supervisor.,Roles and Responsibilities:1. Establish, implement and supervise all pipeline maintenance activities involving block valve and emergency shutdown valve facilities, launcher and receiver facilities, cathodic protection facilities, pipeline pig run operations, inspection operations, as well as any pipeline purging and testing operations, ensuring operations run within design parameters.
2. Establish, implement and supervise all mechanical maintenance activities for gas turbines, compressors, vessels, filters, heaters, motors and other related static and rotating types of equipment in GTF facilities.
3. Ensure that the operation of all mechanical equipment is within design parameters and that maintenance requirements are carried out as per vendor recommendations.
4. Troubleshoot and rectify mechanical related faults within a reasonable time frame to ensure the maximum availability of equipment.
5. Ensure all critical mechanical spare parts are identified, ordered and appropriately stocked in stores.
6. Demonstrate familiarity with pipeline repair methods and procedures.
7. Demonstrate practical experience in gas turbine and compressor maintenance. Take lead roles in routine run hour based maintenance and overhauls.
8. Coordinate and supervise the work of sub-contractor personnel working at GTF facilities.
9. Conduct regular inspections on pipelines and other GTF facilities, preparing reports in accordance with inspection procedures.
10. Ensure public safety by maintaining the functionality and integrity of pipeline facilities and other GTF facilities.
11. Coordinate and supervise the work of Mechanical Technicians and any sub-contracted personnel working on mechanical equipment associated with terminal facilities.
12. Assist in the preparation of maintenance budgets and review of contractor costing for all mechanical related maintenance work.
13. Prepare Permits to Work for all mechanical maintenance work and supervise sub-contractor activities to ensure adherence to the contract procedures.
14. Ensure all necessary forms and documentation are completed prior to, during and following maintenance activities.
15. Ensure that maintenance records, system drawings and maintenance databases are updated as necessary.
16. Communicate closely with ROW Inspectors regarding Third Party activities near the pipeline.
17. Resolve pipeline maintenance issues with sub-contractors.
18. Support the Maintenance Supervisor and provide leadership, mentoring and training to Mechanical Technicians.
19. Implement and adhere to company quality and HSE programs, policies and practices related to pipeline maintenance.
20. Adherence to all statutory requirements pertaining to HSE, and the HSE standards and specifications of OGC.
21. Implementation of all quality and HSE requirements under your area of jurisdiction.
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or other related field of study.
Other Job Details