Logistics and Services Manager
CC Energy Development
Education & Experience Required
1. Liaise with Operations Director and Head of Production on operational issues.
2. Study current logistics operation process and procedures and design information systems and reporting solutions to help logistics operation run more efficiently and effectively. Recommend process improvements based on report data; perform root cause analysis and implement corrective action.
3. Adhere to the company’s values, ensuring compliance with policies, standards and management processes - integrity, ownership, urgency, alignment and innovation.
4. Develop and implement department Policies, Procedures and operational and safety manuals and maintain them and ensure that all activities are within national or local legislation and comply with company guidelines and procedures.
5. Provide all team members with clearly defined and documented accountabilities. Set performance standards, goals and objectives which are aligned with their performance contracts and reward mechanisms.
6. Provide technical support to the worksite team; as an example during the planning and execution of complex lifting operations and during critical/unusual operations.
7. Responsible for the HSE of Field Logistics Support, Field camps (+/- 800 occupants), Muscat Support, Transport Vehicles, and the Journey Management operations.
8. Responsible for the contract management of (4) or more major contracts.
9. Ensure that equipment and procedures are in place to deal with emergencies and unexpected incidents and exercise leadership and judgment in dealing with emergencies.
10. Responsible for developing and managing field logistics and camp services budgets, Follow budgeting guidelines, identify and bring about necessary changes to reduce costs and to improve work programmes and effectiveness without sacrificing quality or productivity.
11. Manage (including recruitment) of people that may be involved within the Logistics and Services departments.
12. Help enhance the career development of the personnel in the
1. Hold a bachelor or master’s degree; preferable is a post graduate qualification in Logistics Management.
2. Preferable also to be an active member of the Oman Logistics Association/ Chartered Institute of Logistics in Oman.
3. Hold Nebosh Certificate as a minimum.
4. Must have no less than 10 years’ relevant filed logistics experience in the oil industry.
5. High energy individual with a "can do" attitude and the ability / desire to lead by influence.
6. Self-starter, good listener, with proven leadership skills, team player, and comfortable working under pressure.
7. Ability to lead a multidiscipline team of internal/external technical experts and services and establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, other departments and officials
8. Fluent in English Language (Speaking, reading, and writing) to effectively interact with multiple levels and functions within the organization.
9. Must be experienced in using ERP system and familiar with Microsoft applications such as word, excel, and PowerPoint.
10. Must be experienced with strong knowledge of International Logistics practice and in managing remote camps, as well as an understanding of fleet management.
11. Upstream land operations experience in Logistics and Operations field support
12. Technical knowledge of oil industry standards and practices including standards in Oman and GCC.
13. Organizational skills. Must coordinate the work of several different departments to make organization run efficiently.
14. Decision making skills. Must make important decisions about how to allocate resources in order to reach their organizations’ goals.
15. Analytical skills. Use statistical analysis and other data treatment methods to analysis information and develop practical solutions to business problems.
16. Business skills. Must develop and implement strategic plans to reach the goals of their organizations.
17. Must have all management characteristics, skills and expertise to
Other Job Details