Field Operations Manager
CC Energy Development
Education & Experience Required
• Demonstrate visible leadership in driving HSSE culture, achieving business goals and lead by example.
• Financial Responsibility: $ 50MM annual budget for daily field operations, 50,000 bbl/day production, 25 different service contractors & Budget and work program preparation and monitoring/ management.
• HSE Responsibility: Safeguard personnel, assets and the environment
• Ensure HSE and welfare of all CCED personnel, contract staff and visitors
• Ensure application of principles of HSSE in work management. Accountable for implementation of Safe Systems of Work. Ensure adherence to Life Saving Rules and corresponding consequence management in case of violations.
• Ensure application of principles of Asset Integrity and Process Safety Management in work delivery. Responsible for maintaining operations within the operating envelope with active interface with engineering and others where required.
• Assist in Accident and Incident Investigations, action tracking, promote stop work authority, custodian of LSR, promote HSE reporting, ensure all operational risks are identified and mitigated to APARP.
• Emergency Response: Ensure readiness through routine drills and meetings, coaching and mentoring personnel and lead the Emergency Response. Interface with Muscat office and other stakeholders as per ER SOP.
• Ensure that all production operations are conducted in a structured manner, fully supported with up-to-date Standard Operating Procedures. Responsible for the development, implementation and review of Standard Operating Procedures.
• Support new development with active participation in providing operations inputs into design, assist in design reviews, HAZOPS, model reviews, commissioning and start-up.
• Daily Coordination of Production operations and Maintenance with an active interface with HSE, Projects, IT, Security, HR, Logistics, Warehouse, Subsurface, camp administration etc, ensuring full integration of work plans, maintaining a field wide overview of ac
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering, extra experience years can compensate required qualification.
• 15+ years in upstream Oil & Gas operation with 5+ years in a similar position in oil & gas industry.
• Energetic and enthusiastic with desire to effect change in systems and behaviors
• A multi—tasker who is energized by the challenge of addressing deficiencies in facilities, systems, processes and people
• Ability to achieve results with indirect reporting lines
• HSE skills in being a role model in the field, Leader and promoter of HSE on a daily basis, Ensures effective application of principles of HSE management. Demonstrable experience of leading Emergency Response exercises / incidents in the field.
• Demonstrable ability to manage diverse workforce in a geographically spread out facilities. International experience in Working in a multicultural/multilingual workforce, working with a workforce with a range of abilities and some gaps in their levels of industry & professional standards.
• Advanced knowledge on upstream Production Operations, Maintenance planning & prioritization, Industry standards & practices, management of greenfield / brownfield projects and commissioning, Well operations, Well intervention, Plant shutdown planning and execution.
• Strength in mentoring and coaching personnel.
• Have proven management skills with the ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment with demonstrable experience of performing in a low-cost environment are essential. A ‘big oil’ mindset will not work in this environment. The role requires:
• In-depth knowledge of onshore oil and gas field production systems and procedures, including pipelines, water injection, artificial lift systems and fiscal metering.
• Communication, influencing and leadership skills to driving continual improvement and engage with numerous different nationalities, contractors and internal departments.
• Resilient and energetic with the ability to work in a remote location.
Other Job Details