Senior Development Geologist
CC Energy Development
Education & Experience Required
• Work as an individual contributor in an integrated multidisciplinary team to support CCED’s exploration and development activities in Oman.
• Construct various subsurface models and maps at block and field scale using multidisciplinary data and applying high technical standards. Mapping includes structure, properties, paleo-geographic, petroleum systems etc. Projects include exploration, appraisal and development of existing and new fields.
• Perform volumetric and risk assessments.
• Work closely with Geologic Ops and Drilling groups during planning and drilling
• A critical part of the role is mentoring and coaching of junior staff.
• Provide value driven recommendations for studies, well recommendations, data acquisition, etc.
• Initiate and manage studies, internal as well external with consultants or institutes.
• Bachelor degree in Geology, Master degree is preferable
• Minimum of 12+ year’s with an operating oil company.
• Extensive experience in geological and geophysical evaluations in clastics and carbonates. Knowledge and working experience of a broad range of geological settings, basins and fields is critical. International working exposure. Expert in volumetrics and uncertainty assessment and petroleum system analyses. Experience with integrated reservoir characterization studies.
• Familiarity with multi-disciplinary data and integrating data including well data, seismic, geochemical, production information etc.
• A high level of computer skills are required to perform job. Expertise in the use and application of established geological and geophysical software (Landmark, Schlumberger, etc.).
• Mature, organized and able to handle multiple projects effectively. Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills are essential. Strong professional drive to deliver high quality products. Inter-disciplinary skills including geophysics, petrophysics, petroleum engineering, and risk assessment. Working Knowledge in a broad spectrum of geotechnical techniques like geological modeling, rock typing, petroleum system analyses, geochemical analyses and modelling, sequence stratigraphy
• Exposure the well operations is an advantage
• Proficiency in written and spoken English.
• International experience with an established E&P operator is required.
• Middle East experience is an advantage.
Other Job Details