Senior Development Geophysicist
CC Energy Development
Education & Experience Required
• Work as an individual contributor in an integrated multidisciplinary team to support CCED’s exploration and development activities in Oman.
• Construct various subsurface models and maps at block and field scale using multidisciplinary data and applying high technical standards. Mapping includes time and depth structure maps and seismic attribute maps. Projects include exploration, appraisal and development of existing and new fields.
• Perform volumetric and risk assessments.
• Follow or manage seismic acquisition and processing projects.
• A critical part of the role is mentoring and coaching of junior staff.
• Provide value driven recommendations for studies, well recommendations, data acquisition, etc.
• Initiate and manage studies, internal as well external with consultants or institutes
• Bachelor Degree in Geophysics, Master Degree is preferable
• Minimum of 12+ year’s relevant industry experience with an operating oil company.
• Extensive experience in geological and geophysical evaluations in clastics and carbonates. Knowledge and working experience of a broad range of geological settings, basins and fields is critical. International working exposure. Expert in volumetrics and uncertainty assessment and petroleum system analyses.
• Familiarity with multi-disciplinary data and integrating data including well data, seismic, geochemical, production information etc.
• A high level of computer skills are required to perform job. Expertise in the use and application of established geological and geophysical software (Landmark, Schlumberger, etc.).
• Mature, organized and able to handle multiple projects effectively. Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills are essential. Strong professional drive to deliver high quality products. Inter-disciplinary skills including geophysics, geology and risk assessment. Working Knowledge in a broad spectrum of geotechnical techniques like geological modeling, petroleum system analyses, and sequence stratigraphy. Experience with integrated reservoir characterization studies.
• Exposure to seismic acquisition and processing is an advantage
• Proficiency in written and spoken English.
• International experience with an established E&P operator is required.
• Middle East experience is an advantage.
Other Job Details