Oman Oil Company Exploration & Production
Education & Experience Required
• Lead, structure and implement OOCEP’s corporate reserves and resources system, defining and implementing the guidelines and controls to ensure consistency in the interpretation and application of current regulations for the estimation of reserves and resources.
• Direct the administration and update of the official database of reserves and resources of OOCEP, as well as ensuring that the data residing in the database is reliable and properly preserved.
• Ensure that the financial groups and financial auditors use information consistent with the reserves data including providing input into the impairment test, as well as review and decide on the internal reports with the results obtained in the official balances of the company that allow monitoring the status of reserves with respect to goals of OOCEP.
• Establish the time-table of due dates for deliverables and timing of Reserve Manager reviews.
• Advance Reserve Revisions and internal audits issuing recommendations.
• Contract, coordinate, direct and ensure external audits of reserves and resources where appropriate. Define the fields to be audited and reviewed.
• Ensure the supporting information used to generate the reserves and resources are preserved and meet minimum standards.
• Establish the training plan in reserves and resources for the reserve estimators and other relevant personnel involved in the process.
• Lead and prepare training topics on issues of reserves and resources within the organization.
• Provide technical assistance and advice to OOCEP and its dependencies in matters of estimation, classification and reporting of reserves and resources.
• Present the balance of reserves and resources to the Finance Director, Reserve Committee, Managing Director, Audit Committee and Group CEO.
• Generate the reports and explanations associated with the company's reserves report, responding appropriately and in a timely manner to the requirements regarding reserves and resources from outside entities including governmental.
• Address the requirements of the internal financial audits established by the corporation.
• Document the recommendations of the reviews and audits to report their follow-up and thus obtain a continuous improvement of the process.
• Lead the updating of the regulations for the estimation, classification and reporting of reserves and contingent resources, approving the related internal documents and ensuring their compliance.
• Review the data, interpretations and assumptions used in the evaluation of reserves and resources (technical estimation methodology, categorization, production, prices, OPEX, CAPEX and economic evaluations carried out), establishing that they are coherent and aligned with the existing regulations as well as make comprehensive recommendations.
• Ensure to Work safely and think proactively about personal safety and safety of others at work
• Actively participate in, contribute to, and promote company occupational health, safety, security and environment culture.
• Ensure work is carried out in accordance with the Company HSE and Security policies and procedures and meet company HSE goals and targets, and participate in HSE programs.
• Minimum Bachelor’s in Engineering or Geo-science
• Minimum 12 years of E&P experience in subsurface
• A Minimum of 3 years’ experience related to reserves estimation and reporting.
• Proven technical and economics understanding of the reserves estimation process and guidelines
• Previous experience as a practising reserves evaluator
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Other Job Details