Oman Oil Company Exploration & Production
Education & Experience Required
• Analyzes complex investment research issues, focusing on macroeconomic trends, financial markets and their implications for portfolio construction, asset allocation strategies, and investment advice.
• Analyzes investment research issues as assigned by utilizing both internal and external resources.
• Performs quantitative analysis and offers opinions and recommendations.
• Supports internal client requests on ad hoc research projects. Meets with senior management to determine requirements for research requests. Assists in the creation of investment-related presentations given by OOCEP senior management.
• Develops schedule and format of any ongoing research needs that may be requested by internal clients.
• Contributes written material for internal and external publications.
• Participates in group discussions designed to identify and debate investment issues and potential research projects.
• Develops recommendations on new research topics such as but not limited to oil price, external economic factors and cost modelling.
• Writing, assisting, and/or delivering presentations to senior management as required.
• Conducts various daily econometric research
• Prepares materials and graphics in support of economic projects.
• Assists project manager on a variety of size projects, including ensuring deadlines are met, client support, staff coordination and management, and delivery of the final product.
• Employee is responsible for the general “safety” including self, working areas and anybody who can be affected by his acts or missions.
• Ensure to Work safely and think proactively about personal safety and safety of others at work
• Actively participate in, contribute to, and promote company occupational health, safety, security and environment culture.
• Ensure work is carried out in accordance with the Company HSE and Security policies and procedures and meet company HSE goals and targets, and participate in HSE programs.
• Stand-by / on-call duties when required.
• Any other related tasks that you are asked to do.
• Bachelor's degree/Masters in Finance or Economics
• Minimum 8 years experience in similar post.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Strong research and writing skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work in climate of information uncertainty with limited data.
• Self-motivated and committed to consulting work, and the time/effort it requires.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required.
• Strong quantitative skills; experience with financial modeling and/or economic projections.
Other Job Details