Field Lab Technician
CC Energy Development
Education & Experience Required
As a Laboratory Technician located at an oil and gas production facility, your main responsibilities will be to perform a variety of quantitative and qualitative laboratory tests and analysis of gas, hydrocarbon, chemicals, water and various other substances in accordance with established testing methods and instructions. The main work activities are summarized as follows:
? To obtain process and utility unit samples in conformance with Company, HSE and International Standards and practices.
? Receive, label and log in samples sent to the laboratory for analysis.
? Enter sample data into the company’s database.
? Handle samples according to detailed specified procedures.
? Prepare and transfer test samples.
? Ship samples (including paperwork).
? Communicate sample information and results to production operations, head office staff and vendors.
? Prepare and standardize chemical reagents used in laboratory tests and on-line analyzers.
? Ensure laboratory procedures are followed and that analyses are repeatable.
? Laboratory testing for specific samples. Analyses performed will in part but not limited to include the following analyses at prescribed frequency levels and as and when required:
• Crude Oil Product: API, BS&W, TVP, ASTM Pour Point, TBP Distillation, H2S, Total Mercaptans, Total Sulphur, Metals, BTX, Salt, Asphaltenes and Viscosity.
• Produced Water Streams: TDS, TSS, Suspended Oil, Dissolved Oil, H2S, CO2, O2, Inorganic Ion Analysis, pH, Conductivity, Hardness, Alkalinity, Millipore and Particle Size Distribution.
• Oil/Water Streams: BS&W, H2S, O2, Density, Emulsion Stability
• Gas: GC for Gas Components, H2S, Total Mercaptan, CO2, O2
• Produced Fluids; WOR, GOR and Oil/Water/Gas Analyses
• Chemicals; Chlorides, Mercury, Salts and Key Active Ingredient concentration determination.
• Water analysis: Calcium, Magnesium, Chloride, Potassium, Barium, Sulphate, and all other major ions.
• Instrumentation; Capable of performing routine analysis with general lab equipment and their routine calibrations.
? Comply with company HSE standards and policies
? Comply with all relevant Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) requirements in the performance of all activities
? Maintain a high level of personal and process safety
? Report any laboratory instrument operating faults and apparatus damage to the designated supervisor.
? Comply with ISO quality procedures
? Maintain analysis integrity
? Implement protocols and procedures for successful sampling and analysis.
? Able to learn and follow safe operating procedures.
• Bachelor degree or a diploma in Analytical Chemistry or Laboratory with 3 - 5 years’ experience in similar role.
• Experience in wet chemistry laboratory testing and/or have a Laboratory Technician or Analytical Chemistry diploma or degree.
• Ability to undertake multiple tasks in parallel.
• Good organizational skills.
• Ability to write concise and qualitative reports.
• Computer literate (MS Word, Excel and Power Point, Adobe etc.)
• Able to support and interact with production operations proactively.
• Able to work in a team so as to be responsible for taking on and carrying out instructions and work assignments.
• Require minimal supervision when undertaking laboratory tasks and activities.
• Able to work with and support engineers, senior technicians, HSE personnel, production operations staff and 3rd party contractors.
• Committed to implementing and improving HSE guidelines and policies.
• Familiar with laboratory operations safety requirements.
Other Job Details