Oman Gas Company
Education & Experience Required
Job Title:Instrument Technician,Department:Operations,Job Purpose:Perform/Oversee Operations And Maintenance Of All Instrument & Control Equipment And Related Systems At Gas Supply Stations, Pressure Limiting Stations, Fiscal metering station, Analyzer house, Compressor Stations And Any Such Rotating Or Static Equipment Located Along The Pipeline. Provides Support For The Maintenance Supervisor And Sr. Instrument Technician.
,Roles and Responsibilities:1. Conduct regular inspections and prepare reports in accordance with GTF Instrumentation inspection cycles and
2. Carryout Instrumentation related operations and maintenance activities in all static and rotating equipment's
3. Perform Instrumentation related operations and maintenance activities as directed by the Senior Instrument
Technician and/ or Maintenance Supervisor.
4. Trouble shoot and rectify Instrumentation and Control related faults within reasonable time frame to ensure
maximum availability of equipment's
5. Shall be familiar with operation & maintenance, trouble shooting of DCS/FCS systems, Safeguarding systems, F & G
Systems, Odorizing systems, Flow metering systems, Gas turbine control systems, Compressor control systems and
other process control related instrumentations.
6. Ensure all Instrumentation equipment's are functioning within the designed parameters.
7. Attend callouts as required.
8. Help ensure public safety and gas deliverability by maintaining the functionality and integrity of facilities and
related Instrument equipment.
9. Assist with the overseeing of any sub-contractors personnel working on the terminal facilities associated with the
Instrument and control equipment.
10. Ensure operations and maintenance activities at the facilities are performed in accordance with established
Company Quality Systems procedures, HS&E codes and standards, and recognize industry standards.
11. Maintain tools and equipment in fully working order.
12. Prepare Permit to Work for Senior Instrum
At least 3-5 years of experience in Oil and Gas Instrument and Control Maintenance activities.
1. Work well in a team environment.
2. Good interpersonal and communication skills.
3. Strong, positive attitude towards Health, Safety and Environment policies and programs.
4. Developed language skills in written and spoken English.
5. PC literate.
6. Arabic language skills will be an asset.
7. Possess a valid Omani driver's license.
Basic Skills: Fundamental Application
ï‚·Demonstrate strong grasp of core skills associated with emotional resistance, risk management, communication, strategy, commercial judgement and finance, decision making and driving for excellence. Utilize these skills to lead one's self and others towards enhancing organizational performance.
Communication: Skilled Application
ï‚·Demonstrate advanced understanding and use of technical vocabulary, with the ability to lead technical meetings. Produce detailed reports and documents, including, but not limited to business documents and technical reports.
Personal Effectiveness: Skilled Application
ï‚·Actively lead others in achieving high levels of personal effectiveness through coaching and mentoring. Assess the attributes of others and recommend improvements where necessary.
Policies and Procedures: Fundamental Application
ï‚·Demonstrate adherence to corporate policies and procedures. Describe the importance of corporate culture in terms of success and public perception.
Basic HSE: Skilled Application
ï‚·Mange adherence and compliance to company HSE policies and procedures.
Advanced HSE: Fundamental Application
ï‚·Contribute towards advanced HSE matters such as contractor management, risk assessment and incident reporting.
Creating Value: Fundamental Application
ï‚·Apply customer focused values towards issues, using quality systems and business process to achieve objectives. Identify continuous learning opportunities to enhance organizational performance. Encourage creative thinki
Other Job Details